Saturday 10 November 2012

5+5=1 (again still doesn't make sense to me)


1. I've learnt that women are very few in the novel and are seen as a sign of reproduction rather than a lover or friend. This also link to Oedipal's idea that and men want to kill their fathers so they can sleep with their mothers,  because he isn't used at all throughout the novel.
2. I've learnt that there is sibilance and other alterations throughout the novel to add little sounds that you may not notice the first time you read the novel. 
3. I've learnt there is a lot mystical creatures that have different symbols in the novel that I didn't understand the first time I read it.
4. I've learnt that the pace is changed by the punctuation.
5. I learnt that existentialism is when your alive in a dead world. 

1.Women
2. Sounds
3. Mystical 
4. Pace
5. Existentialism

= Tension 

2 comments:

  1. Oedipus is the idea that MEN want to kill their FATHERS so they can sleep with their MOTHERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have changed it so it says that I got a bit confused when I wrote it

      Delete